house of spirits [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 21:51:24 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
I want you to know
I'm a mirrorball I'll show you every version of yourself
tonight ❥

it forced her to use a z-move so not that bad tbh LOL
[attr="class","katherine"]
One PROTECT was annoying enough, but a second one is outright infuriating.

The flames that slowly chip at Cradily's health are not enough to bring the plant down, and clearly, for that to happen something needed to change. To be more precise, they'd have to go bigger and perform better. These gym battles happened to teach Katherine just as much as they taught those who came to challenge her.

"Amethyst."

Sableye's name is spoken softly, whereas Katherine's stare steels itself and narrows upon the Cradily.

"Bring it down."

There's only so much the ghost-type could take before fainting thanks to the poison, and thus, they have to pick up the pace. A glistening orb of icy energy begins to collect inside the mouth of the gem-collecting pokemon, it grows bigger and bigger, stronger, and stronger.

The SUBZERO SLAMMER is a hail mary in today's battle. The z-move is powerful enough to knock out an opponent— but it also ensures that PROTECT won't interfere with their plans anymore.

Its aftermath consists of light, soft snow that rains from above - which is all Metagross needs as a sign to turn away and once more focus on the Lucario, aiming a HAMMER ARM at the already slowed steel-type.

Sableye, unfortunately, can't help but collapse to the ground. The battle and the poison had taken their toll on her. "Sure. But I am warning you. If something goes wrong, it's your funeral."

template by rem of WW

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.katherine b]color: #a552bb[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
house of spirits [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 22:11:02 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

Shit.[break][break]

Z-Moves are rare in Hoenn's battle economy, even in the gym circuit. Still, Gavin has done enough research in preparation for the League that he knows the threat of such power as it builds in Sableye's maw. Cradily is done.[break][break]

He has underestimated Katherine, the power she has at her disposal. Though he'd known her to be ambitious, powerful, he sees now the reasons that Walsh had chosen her for such a position, and the explosive boon that had come along with it. He had access to similar things himself, but he'd let his expectations get in the way of reality.[break][break]

As Metagross gears up to assault Lucario, the dual-type frost-coated and growling, Gavin recalls him.[break][break]

"I concede." He smiles, more proud than bitter. "You are stronger than I gave you credit for, Katherine. I'll be sure to remember that when I challenge you again."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
house of spirits [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 22:22:19 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
I want you to know
I'm a mirrorball I'll show you every version of yourself
tonight ❥
[attr="class","katherine"]
"I didn't think I'd need to use it."

Her confession comes with a sincere smile. She liked being surprised like this, and she enjoyed having someone exceed her expectations. Gavin pushed her, and she pushed back. Ideally, most of her gym battles would look like this— save for the conversation about clowns. She could do without that.

"I look forward to that, then." He was ill-prepared, but she didn't let it get to her head. She was well aware of the other pokemon at his disposal, and she had no doubt that this battle would have gone a different way if they'd been here.

Metagross pauses to watch the Lucario being recalled, the glow on his arm fading slowly.

"Your Cradily is a bitch though." The remaining steel-type is also returned to its Pokeball, "Like, seriously. What the hell is that combo?

Kat can't help but look around at the arena and the mix of rain and melting snow that decorated it. It looked strange, but she didn't hate it. "Send me a text to schedule the next fight. We can do it outside of the gym if you prefer that."

And they can also tackle their special training session then.

template by rem of WW

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.katherine b]color: #a552bb[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
house of spirits [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 2:05:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: